It’s a good idea to ask realtors these questions before signing a contract.
The BEST Realtors have great honest answers, not sales pitches.
The first 10 of 30 questions to ask prospective realtors
- What is your license number?
Best: check it out online at BRE.ca.gov
- Are you a full-time or a part-time realtor?
Best answer: Yes and have been for 10+ years.
- How many times have you personally bought or sold a home?
Best answer: 40 homes. In what area(s)? Best answer: The area you are considering.
- How many years of experience do you have?
The best answer should be 10+ years, but 5+ years may be considered.
- How many homes have you sold in the last 3 years?
Best answer: 25. How many purchases have you facilitated? 30+
- What negotiating training do you have?
Best answer: Ask them to describe a few of their best negotiations.
- What days do you work?
Best answer: On days you are available to look at houses. On those days, what are your work hours? Best answer: When you are available.
- Are you available if I have a special request, for example if a house is viewable pre-listing?
Best answer: Yes, always.
- What is the best way to reach you: phone, email, or text message?
Best answer: Phone call. How quickly will you respond? Best answer: Within a couple hours.
- If you are not available to view homes, what is your backup plan?
Best answer: I have other team members that will be able to assist.
For the best rates and service call me at:
(The first 15 minutes are free.)
Please visit my website for more great information about credit score tips, loan programs, and more: the Mortgage Fee Coach.